Dating and relationships are exciting and nerve wracking. You never know if you’re doing the right thing, and you wonder if the other person likes you as much as you like them. For men, there are a few things that might come across the wrong way to a woman. Here are some red flags or turns offs men do that most women want to steer clear of:
- Too Much Phone Time: We all check our phones daily. It’s functional and fun, from emails and business calls, to apps and games. The last thing a woman wants to see is her date’s face glued to a little screen. It’s hard to have a conversation with someone who isn’t present. Even if you say you’re listening, the truth is you’re halfway not. It’s a major turn off to see someone who can’t disconnect for an hour to be present with who is in front of them at the moment. Show her that she’s the most important thing in the room by putting the phone down for a little while.
- Big Talk Little Action: Some men like to talk about what they would do in different situations, but once the time comes for them to take charge, they shrink back. If you think you’ve got a better solution to a problem, then speak up and act on it. If you want to be a leader, then lead. Usually good leaders don’t need to talk about how good of a leader they are. The last thing a woman wants is a lazy partner who won’t speak up or fight for her.
- The “one upper”: You tell this crazy story about how your trip changed your life—but, he had a significantly better trip that changed his life even more. Guy, you missed the point. She was sharing a part of her life with you. Listen, and respond with the focus on her rather than turning back to you. The “one upper” stinks of insecurity and self-centered behavior.
- No Intimacy Outside the Bedroom: Women want to know that they are wanted in many different ways. If the first time you touch her is right before bed with other intentions in mind, she’s not going to be warm to the idea. It makes women feel used and only seen in a certain light. All throughout the day find little reasons to touch her. Hold her hand during walks, hug her when she gets home, and give a kiss before either of you leave the house.
- Hygiene: This is an obvious one, but it needs to be said. Ladies try hard to look nice, and guys should also put some effort into their appearance as well. Bathe, wear clean and pressed clothes, and keep facial hair groomed. Take pride in yourself and put your best foot forward.
- Not Helping Out Around the House: This one is for the established couples. You’ve been together for a while now, and you’re starting to get comfortable with each other. That’s great, but that doesn’t mean you should be lazy about it. Show the other person that you care by helping out with chores around the house. Think of them and do the chore that they hate the most.
- Their Friends: If you have bottom of the barrel friends, then it shows poor judgement on your end. It makes women question if that’s who you really are. Immature friends can be bad influences on you and fill your head with bad advice. Surround yourself with people of integrity.
If you show your date that you are genuinely interested in her and you act like it, then you’re golden. Listen to what she has to say and respond. Even a bad date can be made more pleasant by avoiding these 7 things. If the chemistry is there, then you’ll know and all of these things will become much easier.