What are some of your favorite things about summer? Is it time spent at the pool? Or, going to cookouts with good friends? An ice cream cone on a hot day? Or, do you enjoy partaking in those refreshing summer cocktails that come out when the weather is warm?
If you enjoy trying new mixed drinks and you’re looking for something that says, “summer” and will quench your thirst, check out these summer cocktails.
- Watermelon-Tequila Cocktails: If you like watermelon and blueberries, you’ll love this tequila-based cocktail. It’s definitely “summery” with those two fruits, and the addition of lime juice adds just enough “pucker power” to curb the sweetness.
- Frozen Mojito: Mojitos are good, but frozen mojitos are better – especially in the summer. You can make these in big batches and store them in the freezer for when you have friends over. Everyone will love the mix of mint and lime!
- Sweet Tea Sangria: Sweet tea, white wine, mixed berries, and peaches sound like a delicious combination for the summer. So simple to make and tasty to drink!
- Lemon Drops on the Rocks: How about trying the adult version of lemonade this summer? This recipe has you incorporating your favorite vodka with just a touch of sugar and lots of fresh-squeezed lemon juice. If you don’t like it as tart, you can always add more sugar!
- Frozen Summer Slush: Frozen drinks are always popular in the summertime, and this slush is no exception. Made with lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, tea, sugar, and…GIN – you’ll need to plan ahead as this slushy drink needs to sit in your freezer overnight. But that’s okay! It’ll be worth the wait!
- Limoncello Spritzer: Just hearing the word: spritzer – tells me that a drink is going to be light and refreshing – and this one definitely is! It’s also extremely easy to make with just three ingredients – raspberries, limoncello, and prosecco. This drink would be ideal for a summer brunch or wedding shower.
- Breakfast Margarita: If you’re wondering what makes this a “breakfast margarita” it’s the orange marmalade. But, you don’t have to limit this to just the morning hours – it’s a cocktail you can drink any time of the day.
- Paloma: Tequila is really growing in popularity, and a great summer drink that showcases tequila is a Paloma. It’s a simple cocktail with tequila and grapefruit juices as the stars – and if you haven’t tried it yet – you should.
- Sparkling Elderflower Lemonade: This delicious summer cocktail mixes sparkling wine, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and simple syrup to make a boozy lemonade with a floral hint. The floral taste isn’t overpowering, but definitely noticeable and will have people asking, “What’s that flavor?”
- The Perfect Michelada: There’s something about a michelada that makes it ideal for backyard barbecues. It could be the beer or, perhaps, it’s the hot sauce, but whatever it is – you should make this drink. It’s savory, yet refreshing and goes great with smoked meats or summer bbq fare.
- Giggle Juice: Don’t you love the name? Containing vodka and Moscato, along with lemonade and strawberries, it’s a sweet and sour drink that will quench your thirst and put a smile on your face at the same time.
- Mimosa Floats: Could it get any easier than pouring champagne or prosecco over some rainbow sherbet? Probably not. Great for Sunday brunch or even an after-dinner drink – this cocktail is just plain fun!
Don’t spend the summer drinking a boring cocktail when you could be trying one of these summertime drinks. Try something new, and maybe you’ll find a new drink you love.